Do you want to participate in a Samhain Sabbat?
Samhain is a festival of the Dead. Meaning "Summer's End". It is a celebration of the end of the harvest and the start of the coldest half of the year. For many practitioners, Samhain also is the beginning of the spiritual new year. It is a time we release the old and commune with our ancestors. Join me for this interactive ceremony you can participate in from wherever you are. (Samhain can be celebrated alone or with friends on Halloween thru the cross quarter day on Nov 7th.) For the Sabbat we will be creating sacred space, calling the elements, inviting the Crone and her consort, communing with the ancestors and releasing a aspects of our lives that are no longer working. To prepare we suggest you take the time to do the following...
- Create your own sacred space where you will not be disturbed. Clear a space on your desk or your home. Light a candle and some incense. - Have an item to place near you that reminds you of a loved you'd like to commune with.
- Before the ritual, contemplate an aspect of your life that has been on your mind over the last season that you are ready to let go of, some care or worry that is not working anymore.
- Take a small slip of paper (about 2 inches by 1/2 inch) and write down your concern you want to be rid of.
- Have a small ashtray or fireproof ceramic bowl or vessel and fire source ready for when the time comes to burn the paper.
- Before the ceremony, don't fill your belly. If you're hungry, eat snack but remember not to eat a heavy meal.
- If you want and have a robe or magickal attire that will help you shift your consciousness feel free to put it on.
- Relax and have fun!